May 27, 2008

Another Portrait Finished



Again, there would be some things that I would change in the face, but I'm calling this done, so that I can move on to the next painting. I think that the painting is showing what my nephew will look like in the next couple of years and not exactly how he looks now. Let's just say that I did that on purpose, and that's the way I approach painting now. With these canvases, you see into the future ! ! ! It's strange how the thumbnail of the whole canvas makes him look even older whereas the detail to the right shows that it's not that bad.

It felt good to paint with a palette knife again which I did on a lot of the canvas' surface except for the face. Actually, maybe one more hour on certain areas could really bring the piece together, but we'll see how things go. I'd still like to make some changes to the first portrait (of my older niece) that I finished a few weeks ago...

We're really working on getting a show together in the next 4-8 weeks, and Rivero knows two people (can't say yet because everyone likes surprises) that may be down for a group show of paintings and drawings which would be great! More on that as the space and details become more finalized.

-cm

No comments: