Nov 6, 2007

Another PS sketch

Here's one of those super hero sketches I mentioned in the last post. Maybe I'll repeat some of them until I'm satisfied with the results.

I'll get to more complete compositions as I draw more characters. It's been so long since I've worked on perspective and backgrounds and having the figures feel grounded in that space. Rivero had all those Hydra guys going crazy or getting punched in their faces. Maybe after I reread the first story arc of the new Iron First series I'll get a better sense of K'un-Lun and the other environments. Plus, it's just hard drawing backgrounds in the computer, so I'll have to go back to pencil and paper and just do the coloring in PS. Those other characters in the tournament looked pretty awesome, too.

Sometimes it feels like I'm just typing more stuff here to avoid empty space next to the images that we post. I could mention some eight-year-old in China running 2,000+ miles. I swear I read that somewhere and now I can't find the article. You're just going to have to believe me.

-cm

No comments: