Dec 25, 2007

Blade Runner Day 25, Tears In The Rain




Merry Christmas! And happy everything else. I been complaining all year. I'm celebrating Christmas for the most part in a hospital with my sister. But, somehow, I'm not down. I think of that Clash song "I'm Not Down".

So this is it. The last Blade Runner post. Well, maybe not last. I have at least three ready to go images I'll post later. But this was one of the main ones I waiting for. One of the most pivotal moments of Blade Runner. When Roy Batty expires. I decided not to draw his actual death(although I did in the comic I made), instead I decided to draw the moment before where he says, with a casual, ironic smile, "Time to die". I almost was going to call this post that but decided to look at the whole thing, the movie, the posts, the year, with the same ironic smile, but also the sentiment of the "Tears In The Rain" monologue.

I drew the pencils at home. Everything else, inks, white paint, and pen were all done in the hospital on Christmas. Today. I really like this one. I don't think I've ever painted one of these so fast. It took me about an hour and a half.

Now I will go about finishing some of the ones I felt were either weak or needed more polish. I do have a year ending post that is huge and detailed and very very embarrassing. I don't know if anyone actually cares about any of this, but it feels good to let it out and I know that in the future I can look back at all this, the pictures, the posts, the recounts of my horrid love life and the good parts and I can remember what it was like. Instead of the fuzzy memories I can see it clearly. Painfully, beautifully, clearly.

If I ever have a memoir I can put all this shit in there. I can write what happened in the 2/3s of my life that I leave out of these posts. And I have a bunch of pictures to include in it. I'm already writing some stories about things that happened to me that were weird. It's all life.

I'm not down,
Adrian

2 comments:

matt.frades said...

nice work. thinking of inking your tears in the rain art on my arm. thoughts?

Adrian said...

That may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. I'm going to get a tattoo soon, but it will be my first so I don't know how best to convert a drawing to a tattoo. I need to design a really intricate one for myself(mainly colorless), so I have no idea how to do one in color or how it would turn out. If you do it give me a picture and I'll post it up here.